PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I will be doing it really soon hopefully, it is for sure possible, my friend has two 4" baja designs HIDs on his 50, its way over the top but he works there and it was really for ****s and giggles, I will post my HID set up once I commit and do it. I am pretty sure it is going to require rewinding the stator, I don't think the stock set up will pull it, and also a decent battery to help the initial start up (ballast pulls around 10 amps at start up and settles to around 3)

·
Registered
86 Posts
No problem running a regular light, I couldn't tell you the max output but I am running a baja designs dual sport kit with a 55 watt headlight off the stock stator setup on my 110.

The main reason for the stator re-wind and battery for the HID is because when a HID ballest looses its minimum power it shuts off, where as a regular light just dims which is not a problem

·
Registered
86 Posts
parker_066 said:
any clues on how much it would cost to have one rewound? and what does a lighting kit consist of? i dont want the headlight they include in there kit

Its not advertised, basically because it is really rare someone puts a HID on a 110, but baja designs will do it custom deal, you would have to call them and its $120 for the stator, then of course your going to need a battery, hid light, etc. Basically its not going to be a cheap set up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
spyr_409 said:
ive got a headlight on my 110 didnt need to rewind stator used a on off switch from radio shack.

Next time try reading the posts, a regular headlight is not a problem, but for an HID you are going to want you stator re-wound

Haha or like pimpin said, bunch of batteries

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.