PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i heard the bombshell suck like the stock ones....but dont get all pissy at me...this is what i HEARD..im not sure if its true..they look good to me

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
i have heard they both work awesome, i mean yea people have complained about both, but i mean forks arent perfect

and about the hanebrinks being ugly i hav eto disagree

G

·
I have never ridden bombshell but I would say get them first. I have Hanebrinks and I don't like them. I have a buyer lined out though because my Stavrons are on the way.

·
Registered
140 Posts
definatly whatever you do, do not buy Hanebrink forks, they are a joke. i mean dan wasnt even smart enough to put the 3 bolt pattern to bolt the front fender on so you have to drill ou 4 holes in your fender. plus they break alot. our shop wont even carry them anymore. when they first came out yeah they were trick but by todays standards they are far behind. if your willing to dixh out some dollars just step it up and get the stavron stratos forks.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT ANY OTHER FORKS OTHER THAN STAVRONS. THEY COME WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED PLUS TAPERD PRO BEARINGS AND GO TOGETHER WITH NO MODIFICATIONS OR GRINDING OR ADDING SPACERS LIKE ALL THE OTHERS.........STAVRONS SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!!

LATER OLDSCHOOL

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
AND ANYBODY THAT SAYS DIFFERENT WILL GET MY FIST WAFFELED IN YOUR EYE...! :wink:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
i would say the bombshells they are black and red, if u really want to spend the green backs go with the marzocchi forks they are expensive but they might be worth it. Unfortunitly i cant afford them becuase my bank account is drained as it is to keep ahead of the racing croud.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
...Hey Bryce how did you like that fork slop in the marzoochis? :lol:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
It was freaky. 8O

Same with the creeking noise when I used some of the travel, sounded like they were gonna snap. :oops:

And it sucked, I wanted to adjust the compresion and rebound when I noticed I had to take the bars off to do it. :D

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
look Stavrons are the hottest thing to hit the market they are simply decades ahead of the rest .

Now to answer your question on Hanabrinks . I know Dans first forks had some issues ie: sticking and and some problems with installing and looks.

Dan has come out with a new fork design that we have used for our race team and this is my opppinion they work alot better than Bombshells they are smoothier ,have a external hole to lube them without special tools and risking breaking your adjustment screw, new tubes much stronger than Bombshells, nomore 2 piece upper tube but 1 single machined upper tube , tripple clamps need some work ie: I wish they were better looking and were easier to install plus had better offset, Dans Forks are now availible in Gold or Black which is cool .

So over all Hanabrinks like the other Mountain bike based suspension forks on the market ie: Bombshell, Marzhocci,Redbaron, are fair forks for the average racer or back yard mosher . prices are a little high for my taste I would go Stavron for the money but if I did not have the extra 300 or so I would go with Hanabrinks .

I know some will say your crazy Hanabrinks over Bombshells but we have raced both and Dans forks are much stronger,smoothier and easier to work on for the average guy so that is my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.