PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
vegatron75 said:
The cable is probably going to be too short. It's a tight fight on my z50. The lever won't ever snap back. Mine hangs up a little too.

mine doesn't hang up at all?

If you can take some pics on how you have everything set up. It shouldn't be that bad, routing mine was a little bit of a pain in the ass. I just ran it through the forks and along the frame.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i only had like 20 minutes to try and get it on ..couldnt find a way to route it without it being short?..any other cable i could order just incase? i mean i did get the like 40 dollar one off ebay but i saw no reason in paying almost 100 bucks for a damn drum brake handbrake...esp not on a 97 that im just stunting for ****s and giggles...and mine doesnt like pull back..it stays like pulled in? ..i have to push it back out

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pics would help. Dont know if you have the spring on the HB not on the brake rod. Should help the lever to rebound. Also make sure that the screw holding the lever to the mount is not wrenched on too tight. could cause it not to operate smoothly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
you need a cable with the long threaded end for a drum brake. try to spray from lube or wd40 down both ends of the cable, and lube the lever too

i have a really stiff spring over the back of the rod, so it returns fine. go to ACE, they have boxes full of springs

·
Registered
115 Posts
nodoze705 said:
yeah i only had like 20 minutes to try and get it on ..couldnt find a way to route it without it being short?..any other cable i could order just incase? i mean i did get the like 40 dollar one off ebay but i saw no reason in paying almost 100 bucks for a damn drum brake handbrake...esp not on a 97 that im just stunting for ****s and giggles...and mine doesnt like pull back..it stays like pulled in? ..i have to push it back out

Try routing it from the lever, down through the middle of the handlebars, under the tank, then down to the swingarm. Make sure there are no tight kinks or bends, the smoother the better. Lube that cable too, that could help it snap back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.