PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jey all its been awhile since ive been on the forum (like 5 years) but I am debating a grom since my search for a zb in reasonable condition for a sensable price has ended. I was just curious if anyone knows exactly what performance parts for the honda 50/70 family would swap over? Cams, inner rotors, clutches, oil pumps, heads, and bigger injectors or throttle bodies available or in the works?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Jey all its been awhile since ive been on the forum (like 5 years) but I am debating a grom since my search for a zb in reasonable condition for a sensable price has ended. I was just curious if anyone knows exactly what performance parts for the honda 50/70 family would swap over? Cams, inner rotors, clutches, oil pumps, heads, and bigger injectors or throttle bodies available or in the works?
Abssolutely nothing will swap over from a traditional honda horizontal engine to a Grom engine. Nor will any Honda Nice engines share parts. The Grom engine is based on the Honda Innova/Wave engine.

However, aftermarket performance parts for the Grom are beginning to become available, like:

Lightened rotors

Only BBKs and cams so far, no heads yet.

Several fuel controllers available. I use an EJK and it rocks.

There are many exhaust options and 2 throttle body upgrades that I am aware of.

I understand that the stock oil pump is pretty high volume as is.

Brakes and suspension upgrades too.

And plenty of fan-boy anodized fluff to bolt on too, if that is your thing....

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Hey shapeshifter what are the actual differences between the honda nice and wave design? I know from a start the bore and stroke is different but do you know more of the tech details. I have always wondered. haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts