PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a Yosh downdraft carb for a pile of reasons to put on my Razkull My brain tells me this makes more sense than the typical option available that uses a 90 degree bend intake to get a better carb which sticks out and is unsightly. I want something that will tuck a proper filter up under the tank where the stock airbox is currently located. And, by leaving the plastics in place after airbox removal there should be ample fresh air flow while riding. I am not a carb tech by any stretch but this seems like the most logical option. And, it is only marginally more expensive where the Mikuni option is quite pricey.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/product/honda-grom-2014-us-spec-mjn28-caburetor-kit-792-40a-81a0.asp?

Please help me determine if this is smart, dumb or otherwise.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
well first of all...... if youre looking for a performance increase, ditch the airbox idea. can you use it...... sure. does it make sense?
no. airflow....... the 26mm kit from Tbolt works great. Pulled 63mph our of my Razkull with only that mod, and no airbox. :D

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
A cheap $30 26mm Molkt carburetor from ebay will free up the same power as the yosh carburetor. A large diameter free flowing exhaust will make a big a difference as well. Another option is to save up some money for a 190cc engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with an eBay carb kit and exhaust. Yosh knockoff from Thailand. Bike started easily and ran far better. It got me into the 60’s and it feels a ton better. No air box. Bigger and open exhaust. No more smog parts either. Custom fender eliminator too. Need to work on throttle cable a bit to get the slack out.

Still want more of course. My new parts should work well with a big bore kit if I can find one. 150-160cc is all I think I want. Still trying to find the right kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts