PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw a few photos and articles about this concept Honda is planning to release. I really doubt we will ever see it over here in the States but looks like a really neat bike. I find it interesting they went with the Grom name over the traditional Monkey. Maybe they will be shifting their lineup or are marketing more towards the US market.

·
Registered
427 Posts
They can't call it a Monkey, because the Monkey is still a thing. Still I like the styling cues that pay tribute to the Z50/Monkey. (I can't help but think that "Grom50" itself is an homage to "Z50"...surely they won't put a 50cc engine in a bike that tips the scale at 225 lbs).

The seat is definitely drawn from the Z50K0/K1/K2 bikes. The "can" blinkers from the early Z50J bikes. The rear fairing over the muffler is certainly reminiscent of the Z50R. I'm also digging the chrome fenders. While I liked the Grom, it was a bit too funky for my classic motorcycle taste. If this concept ends up at the US dealers, I'd have to get one.

Here is some video action of this bike.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
im with you boz..the grom itself is too..plain yet weird but not weird enuf to be in a good way...this thing NEEDS to come state side..id have a VERY hard time not buying one

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks very nice but Honda Grom50 as in 50cc honda grom concept? Aint that a 125cc engine in those pictures?

IMO Id love to see a 50cc grom.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I wish it had gloss paint on the number plates and tank. The satin finish on everything makes the bike look like a pile of plastic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts