PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Revolving Inventory!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning All!

I recently retired and now have more time to pursue my passions and one of them is minibikes! Like most guys from the time I learned how to ride a bicycle I wanted something with a motor on it. Rode my first mini when I was about 9 and was hooked. Bugged my dad for 3 straight years until he bought me a 1973 Yamaha GT80 for Christmas. Of course then I wanted bigger and bigger bikes, but have now come full circle and collect the little guys. Currently have a few Rupps, Honda Z50, and a few others.

Glad to have found this forum and look forward to checking out some of the cool rides on here!

·
Administrator
11,265 Posts
Welcome to Planet Minis. Cool story. Post up some pics of your bikes...
tmas

·
Registered
Revolving Inventory!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do! Here is one of my favorites. I found it locally in the Monterey area. I am trying to find a Bultaco Chispa to go with it but they are a tough find in the states!
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
Revolving Inventory!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice...What year Montesa Cota is that?
tmas
Thanks! Good question...according to the VIN number it is towards the end of the range that is associated with 1972-1974 models. I am thinking it is a 1973.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to PM...and congrats on your recent retirement. I'm getting close myself...but still a couple few years to go I think.

·
Registered
Revolving Inventory!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to PM...and congrats on your recent retirement. I'm getting close myself...but still a couple few years to go I think.
Thanks man! I highly recommend it! Like any major life change it is an adjustment. If you like what you are doing it makes it a little easier. I had 40 years in the machining trade and I was just done with it. So far...digging my decision. Good luck and don't wait too long!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts