PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I remember hearing somewhere that some graphic companies make a wrap type material that fully covers your plastics so you can make your plastics any color you want (instead of only the colors that UFO, Acrebis, etc offers.) Do you know what I'm talking about? Do you guys offer this product/service? I was looking to get one for my front fender. Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hey I remember hearing somewhere that some graphic companies make a wrap type material that fully covers your plastics so you can make your plastics any color you want (instead of only the colors that UFO, Acrebis, etc offers.) Do you know what I'm talking about? Do you guys offer this product/service? I was looking to get one for my front fender. Thanks
It's called Hydro Dip. Google it.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Wraps don't work on plastic. They look good until one or two twists and then they're toast. We have thoroughly tested this and that is our conclusion. Anyone who would sell it to you is simply looking for your money without delivering a quality product.

To properly achieve a color change, first choice would be to find that piece in the color from like Acerbis, Cycra or UFO. If that is not an option... find a quality painter that has experience in painting plastic (and knows about adhesion promoter and flex agents), and simply have them paint and clear the plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts