PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my cousin has a sdg pit bike with a gpx14cc motor, hes trying to sell it and since he owes me money he will give it to me for 300$ all i really need is the engine, i want to put the engine on my 1979 z50. the way the motor is set up on the bike now is really dumb it does wheelies every gear! idk if its bc the way its geared or bc that motor is really just that powerful!

any tips? recommendations?

i want the bike to go fast, not to have a lot of torque..

any one else have that motor?

·
Registered
651 Posts
prob the way its gear'd count the teeth on the counter sproket and rear sproket. its a nice motor, good for about 10 hp or so. but sounds to be geared really low to do wheelies in every gear.

·
Registered
781 Posts
It wouldnt be hard to do wheelies with that motor in any gear if its got a stock swinger. Or even a +2. You should deffinetly check your gearing. If you ride street low low gearing with that motor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
50_htx said:
Ok, so my cousin has a sdg pit bike with a gpx14cc motor, hes trying to sell it and since he owes me money he will give it to me for 300$ all i really need is the engine, i want to put the engine on my 1979 z50. the way the motor is set up on the bike now is really dumb it does wheelies every gear! idk if its bc the way its geared or bc that motor is really just that powerful!

any tips? recommendations?

i want the bike to go fast, not to have a lot of torque..

any one else have that motor?

that sounds like a really good deal, and thats becuz of the gearing. for that price i got a used yx150 with carb and everything. But a gpx140 is alright motor, especially if you get a bbk on it. What carb do u plan on running on it? and i say that 140 has bout 9 or 9.5 hp

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well right now the bike has a knock off mokuni or what ever carb, it's a 26 mm it bogs when ever you get it to top speed..

There is also a Honda motor with ported cases a 117 tb stroked kit billet manual clutch, takagawa or whatever 3 speed tranny and all the good stuff, but needs a head and carb.. Idk what's a better deal

The guy is asking 350 for that motor, I would say go with the 117 just bc uts Honda cases but idk?

·
Registered
35 Posts
50_htx said:
Well right now the bike has a knock off mokuni or what ever carb, it's a 26 mm it bogs when ever you get it to top speed..

There is also a Honda motor with ported cases a 117 tb stroked kit billet manual clutch, takagawa or whatever 3 speed tranny and all the good stuff, but needs a head and carb.. Idk what's a better deal

The guy is asking 350 for that motor, I would say go with the 117 just bc uts Honda cases but idk?

well how much time is on the gpx? cuz if you bore out a gpx motor they become a monster, also depends how much wear and tear on that honda case too

·
Vendor
3,643 Posts
Let us know if we can help, we have been running the 140 motors for several years now in our bikes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i need to know what gearing to do for the bike.. i want to make this bikestreet legal so i need a reliable motor and fast, i want this thing to scream!

·
Registered
35 Posts
50_htx said:
i need to know what gearing to do for the bike.. i want to make this bikestreet legal so i need a reliable motor and fast, i want this thing to scream!

put a 15 or 16 tooth in the front and put a 28 or so in the rear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts