PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning
New to this site, thanks for the add
Have a Sky Team GPX ST-90 that has been sitting and the key was lost, is there any source out there for a key or even an ignition switch?, have been searching the web and not having much luck...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have not removed it yet, I can do that tomorrow, was assuming there would be a place to order parts but have not run across it yet lol, I will send a pic tomorrow, thank you for responding

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I managed to download multiple copies but here are the pics, let me know what you think
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the picture of the pigtail, I was originally thinking I could find a key so I could re-use the gas cap etc... But if there is a kit out there somewhere I wouldn't be opposed to that solution either...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the leads, second lead had the correct kit but apparently it is unavailable, first lead has a kit but not sure about the ignition..., looks different, I have sent them a message to verify, I will post my findings when get answers.
I appreciate the help, this little bike is virtually unused, just been setting in storage for a while

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good Morning
Update on the Skyteam ignition, apparently no one sells the kits anymore, it is listed on several sites but always out of stock, I got ahold of Skyteam via facebook and they are selling me a couple of key blanks, guess I will be talking to a locksmith soon lol.
Thanks guys for trying to help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I might have one.Get back to me if you have no luck.I'm not sure where it is.
tnas
Good Morning tmas
Would that carrot your dangling be a change out kit for the locks?, if you run across it please keep me in mind, I have had possession on this little bike for about three years now and every once in a while get an urge to get it fired up, the thing only has 15 miles on it, I think it may be a 2005, some previous owner tried to change one of the numbers on the vin, have you seen that before?
It even still has the plastic wrap on the seat but without a key I am not even able to get into the gas tank lol

·
Super Moderator
10,561 Posts
Good Morning tmas
Would that carrot your dangling be a change out kit for the locks?, if you run across it please keep me in mind, I have had possession on this little bike for about three years now and every once in a while get an urge to get it fired up, the thing only has 15 miles on it, I think it may be a 2005, some previous owner tried to change one of the numbers on the vin, have you seen that before?
It even still has the plastic wrap on the seat but without a key I am not even able to get into the gas tank lol
I will have a good look. The Honda ZB50 uses a similar gas tank. The ZB50 gas tank is very hard to find so I bought a few Skyteam gas tanks. CLICK HERE FOR THREAD. I also sold one tank to a member on here years ago and I am not sure if I gave him all my Skyteam parts. Sad thing is he passed away. So your next problem is how to get the gas cap off without a key.
tmas

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you know if the gas key is specific to the ignition key or are the other locks generic like American bikes?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good Morning
Well apparently the key change kit is no longer available, the item is still up in a couple sites but you can't order it, I finally broke down and payed a local locksmith $60 to make me a key, problem solved.
When I was talking with the folks at Skyteam they said they might be able to send me new papers on the bike as the originals were lost long ago but someone before me tried to change one of the numbers on the vin by stamping over it so they declined because someone had tampered with it..., have you ever heard of someone doing that to a bike vin?
It was pretty obvious, I was able to verify the original number but Skyteam claimed they could not find anything for that number in their database...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good Morning
So one last update to this story, I wound up having a locksmith make a key for the bike but as it turns out there is still one company out there that claims to sell the lock kit for the PBR they took forever to reply and I believe they are in Germany "Freds Bikes", nice folks but took a very long time to reply

1 - 20 of 21 Posts