PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We get alot of guys emailing us about the proper direction to take with there jialing engines

heres a step buy step list from the guys who have been building these since the first one hit pm

#1 good air filter

uni pod or new tb two stage

#2 Crower g2 or tb 411 (only if your NOT going directly to a bvh set up )

this will give you a nice boost till your rings wear out if your just fun riding

#3 tb146cc kit (pretty high comp with stock head may require race gas )

#4 lifan big valve head with tb300 cam or (if you can swing it )sgr head

and a 26mm carb kit (dont waste money on a carb till you get to this level of flow )

most guys wll see enough performance and get good reliability with the lower comp tb pistons

some guys will want every thing possible and look into akuner pistons

just remember high compression means race gas and other possible lifespan decreasing conditions

some guys will want the most radical cams and head set ups like sgr and z40

but again valve springs may wear faster

we have had very good luck with the lifan heads and the tb 300 cam set ups like the t-5 engine we dyno ran that had 15.4 hp

good solid performance with good overall reliability

·
Registered
103 Posts
Too bad this got moved.(There is a differance between propaganda and general info) At least the link is on the front page of the china section.

On that 15.4hp dyno run, was the lifan head ported, or stock? I am looking in the ports of my lifan and can see lots of power waiting in the wings. But at a reliable 15+hp stock(the hp# I am after), I would do a clean up/knife edge rather than a pay for a full bench flow.

·
Vendor
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DEMON_CR said:
Now that the new GPX is coming out, dont know what to do.

just dont too excited unless your going to be ready to spend some money on the new style engine

we know exactly what were doing with the new gpx 150

we have a 165cc kits NOW for the new motors and some stuff i cant even talk about

the original gpx 124cc outfitted with the 146cc and b v h will continue to be a solid contender and a great value

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Just paid for one Bob. I can't wait for it to arrive. I will be doing a 146 kit with 26vm mikuni and lifan bvh. I hope it shreds on my stock xtreme 8hp engine. I hope I get 11+ hp out of it.

·
Vendor
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
eaterofdog said:
How much power would you get with a TB 411 cam and a Mikuni VM26?

read the list bro

do the cam

but hold off on the carb till you do atleat a bore kit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.