PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help or advice. Fork oil is leaking out of the adjustment screw on top. I'm not looking to tear into it until I know what I'm getting into. Does this require changing fork seals? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
765 Posts
there are 2 screws on top of gpx forks. 1 is an air bleed screw and 1 is a rebound adjustment. my gpx forks started doing the same thing. they were leaking from the air bleed screw. there is an o ring in it. i just tightend it a little and it stopped. its really not all that hard to take them apart. there is an excellent post on pitsterpros website about fork tuning and adjustment that i used to change oil and dial in my forks.

Pitster Pro Forum - View topic - Fork tuning and set up

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Warpig. I was wondering if it happened to be a small o-ring or something rather than the fork seals. However, mine only have one screw on top of them, in the center, for the adjustments. Anyone know if I can pull this out and replace an o-ring or something?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already received an answer. It seems the adjustment screw has a similar o-ring that can be replaced. Let's see how this goes!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: GPX fork oil leak help!!!

I tore the top cap off the fork leg and removed the cap with the dampening rod. I can't seem to access the o-ring that seals the adjustment screw. Can anyone help me figure out how to remove the sliver piece from the black top cap. It seems like it's threaded in, but it won't turn. I don't want to break anything by torquing on it too much. HELP!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts