PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gpx clutch toasted!!!! WTB complete clutch basket

well as you can see i killed my clutch.

question is how do i clean out my motor from all the metal debris?

do i just put it together and change the oil a few times?

also who has the best price on a complete clutch with gear?

$$$ is tight right now!

·
Banned
1 Posts
Yikes! Rubbers were gone, I'd guess? Usually how that happens. Prolly clogging the screen and sling? Should be able to pick up a used basket for cheap. KX65 sprung stiff enough to swipe it back from the kid?:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
firepower354 said:
Yikes! Rubbers were gone, I'd guess? Usually how that happens. Prolly clogging the screen and sling? Should be able to pick up a used basket for cheap. KX65 sprung stiff enough to swipe it back from the kid?:D
yeah the slinger was packed full of gooey rubber material.

by the way the kx65 runs great!!!thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
firepower354 said:
That lets the basket bang around and snap, like yours. Some rubbers last, some don't. Kinda like at the drive-in...
lol...i hear ya!!

what would you suggest to get the junk out of the motor once i get it fixed?

i have rubber and metal shavings all through the motor.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Pretty much a complete teardown and bath, for the whole thing, I'd suggest. Then you can make sure the bearings aren't sticking, crank big end especially.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would tear it apart and clean it all out from the right side. It really isnt that hard, and I dont see why you would need to pull the flywheel and stuff off the right side of the crank.

I have a Pitster 6-disk clutch I would like to get rid of for cheap. It has some warped steel plates in it, but should work fine if those are replaced. PM me with an offer if you want it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
id also suggest a complete tear down and clean out, pay particular attention the all the bearings and the oil journal in the crankshaft, if seen crap like this block it up and then big ends seize and main bearings fail and so on...

not to mention the rubber will melt and harden onto bearings..

seriously dont take the quick and easy path because you will pay for it in the long run..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I run that TB billet clutch. I wieght 210 on a good day and haven't had a single problem since. Couldn't keep a stock clutch from slipping or fadding on long motos.

Like Firepower said, my son's X2 has the stock clutch, two years plus, and it's still going. He rides it almost EVERY day. He's 17 and about 120lbs.

Maybe they had a bad run of rubber? We keep clean oil in his and I really watch for rubber pieces, so far nothing but clutch dust and gear shavings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts