PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be faster a gpx with a 146 kit or a tb 117 stroker kit with 20 mm carb and performance head( off of dr atv.com). Help would be greatly appreciated. I can't decide which one to go with on my bike

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
you will need a oilcooler on either motor, a gpx comes with a decent clutch, a crf motor you will need a heavy duty cluch or a manual clutch with a billet basket. a 26mm carb is the minimum that i would run with either motor. a 146 with a bvh(big valve head) would be what i would go with, then you have a 4 speed trans as well.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
a 146 is the way to go i have one and it freaking rips and im running stock gpx carb for more torque but i have rode a bike with a 26 and its just crazy fast lots of top end but not as torque but still has plunty i would say you best bet would be the 146 im not running an oil cooler on mine but im planning on it just for safety. the 146 should be pumping around 15-16 hp j staggsracing 146 motor is a holo shot beast it has put 124se dohc and even a klx 155 to shame, so its runs with the big boys fine.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so how would a gpx with the 146, and oil cooler. would i need a bigger maniford or? I will put on a bigger carb but could i run a 24 or 28? cz i can get those at a really good price but not a 26

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
if your gunna go with gpx, then go with a 146 kit and a bv head and oil cooler first. then get a carb once you get more money. the 146 bvh gpx can run on the 22 carb but with the 146 kit on a gpx stock head has a lot of compression and you run the chances of breaking the cases

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Get a 146 kit, vm26 carb, ported bvh, tb cam and sprocket for bvh, trx90 clutch springs, and an Ultima exhaust. Your mid range and top end will be awesome plus you will have some torque. And the big carb doesn't really take away from your torque that much. Mainly what you are feeling is lack of throttle response.

If you run the stock gpx head you will be holding the motor back. The ported bvh is much better for it. It gives you a lot more top end too.

Do you already have the gpx engine?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
A25MX said:
Plus the lifan head comes with an anti-kickback cam.

That's the first thing I get rid of. Anybody need one? I have a stock lifan 120cam, cylinder, piston and rings brand new if anyone wants it for cheap. A stock slinger too.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Most people would recommend the z40 but for these I say go w/ the tb cam and sprocket. The tb cam has good lift but less duration than the z40. The big plus to me is the tb cam is much cheaper too.

I am sure someone has tested these 2 cams against each other already. I have not tested them on the dyno though. Been kinda busy doing other things these days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.