PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished working on a '76 ct90. adjusted valves, points then carb. Runs like a champ now! So I figured I'd check my GPX pitster 125 valves and make sure they are set to spec. Just to have something to do:D

Is there any other tune ups you can suggest I do to keep this awesome motor runnin' for as long as that '76. I have a magnetic oil drain plug that should help keep the gears clean. Any suggestions or advice would greatly be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the intake on top? i assume so because the exhaust pipe is on the bottom. im not sure if that even has anything to do with it, just a guess. by the way... thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is there a difference between motor oil and motorcycle oil? I put some Lucas oil in before the last ride. it rained so of course the engine was cooler. Do you know what the spark plug gap spec is? thanks again

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two more things... whats the spark plug gap supposed to be, and what is the gap for the "points" spark distributor on the side of the flywheel? (CDI?) Thanks for the help so far. The motor is sounding clean so far.

THanks, Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts