PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in a whole new piston,cylinder kit with all the new gaskets. I have a strange problem however. I think its a carburation setting but I cannot pin point what is causing the problem. Low throttle is good but when i hit mid throttle the bike almost dies then revs up. It does this at full throttle also but not as bad. Then I test rode the bike down my street and the slightest incline in second gear would cause the motor tot sputter really bad off and on. Seems to be whenever there is a slight incline it does this. I've checked for airleaks, messed with clip position, and the air screw with no luck. I dunno if it could be I have to re-adjust my valves again, or an electrical problem of some kind

I have an 88kit with stock ported head, and a 20mm mikuni carburator with a kitaco rev box.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
You need to check that the green ground wire is attached to your frame, under the take. High vibrations with loosen the gripp and it will not ground and the bike will spuuuuuutttter. This happened to me at the Adelanto Grand Prix last year. It took me about an hour to figure it out. It could be a lot of other things, though, but it is good to check.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I spotted the culprit. I started the bike up today and noticed it actually was shooting smoke outta the exaust. Not very much at all but I pulled the sparkplug and it was black and had a bit of oil around the sparkplug hole in the head. Looks like i'm takin the engine down again. :cry:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've got a #110 in it now. I've got 95,100,110,130,140,150,180. 180 is what it came with and it was WAYY to rich. I used to always run a 110 in my bike before but ever since this new cylinder/piston its been running bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.