PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

so i talked about it wit my dealer and he told me get the RB fork cuz wit that im gonna be able to help u...

so i bought it today

next week its goin to be here...

what do i have to do befpre installin it?

except the grease on the springs like the rb instruction tells. Some oil in?

what could be a problem installing it?

thx for ur help

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hope im gonna get an answer on this one:

i got an ishock in the back is it goin to be to much chopperytle or is it good leveled out with the rb in the front?

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
bombshells are outdated imo, but to answer the questions..

before installing, make sure you have all the small parts to complete the job. make sure brake components, axle, hub. is all ready and compatable. check the tighness on ALL the bolts. you may need to change steering bearings.

grease good oil will just leak right out, i think its a few drops to lube(will be explained in the manual)

problems, shouldnt have any. difficulies like steering bearing change.

if the forks are ajustable(i dont remember) you should be able to ride it without looking like a cruser.

later

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the factory fork

@ five0 yeah they maybe outdated but its the best i can get overhere without havin it flyin over 3000 miles and payin over 1000 euros!

thx for ur answers

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Most people rag on bombshells when they haven't even had a pair or rode a set..

PS: NOT saying you haven't Five0

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I rode a set of bombshells, they werent to bad, actually seemed pretty nice, alittle stiff, but I think thats because the guy had the compresion turned up to much for my likeing. But seemed like good forks in my opinion, but still didnt come close to the plushness of SR6's.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Jetster220 said:
I rode a set of bombshells, they werent to bad, actually seemed pretty nice, alittle stiff, but I think thats because the guy had the compresion turned up to much for my likeing. But seemed like good forks in my opinion, but still didnt come close to the plushness of SR6's.

Bombshells dont have a compression adjustment.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Oh yea, forgot about that lol. Just needed a differnt spring rate for me then. The guy who had them weighs twice my weight so they were set up for him.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
You had the normal spring rate if they were stiff but not too bad. The normal ones for me (I weighed about 100 at the time) where WAY to stiff for me. The soft ones are VERY soft supposely, and the hard ones are ULTRA stiff.

I would never go any stiffer then normal.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes, it means that you can adjust the rebound dampening. I have seen quite a few people with Red Barons, and they look sick. I wouldn't be to worried about what it will look like with the forks either, a lot of people with aftermarket forks tend to run the I Shock.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
huh?

what do u mean..?

i do have the ishock shock...and im gonna get the rb factory fork...so im thinkin about if its goin to be to much chopperlike ..im just puttin 2" on the stock swinger...cuz i already put one inch on my brake pedal...

sorry im german..i think its callt weld...or so...u know some gas and a hot flame puttin metal together

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
suspension wise its goin to look like this next week:

stock frame

ishock shock

red baron factory fork

stock swinger

and i just thought about it like this...

why buy a swinger for 300 euros if i can just take that welding thing some steel and put it at the stock swinger...between the chain adjuster and the crotch of the swinger

what do u think about that idea?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.