PlanetMinis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 honda crf150r with a white bros pipe i love the pipe but when i warm it up at night the pipe bend around the motor will glow red hotttt. Is that normal?

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Is the header SS or Ti?

Without air going past the header to cool it, yes, it will do that on my 250f (Stock Ti header). That's why I always put a fan on the bike to hit the radiators + the pipe area.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
zbbt said:
the pipe shouldnt do that sitting no matter what. your bike five21 is lean as well.

wrong, most all big bike 250 and 450'fs will do that if you little them idle very long with out air going over the header pipe. Doesn't mean they are running lean.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
hi_officer said:
This guy is 100% CORRECT.

that guy is 100% IN-correct. no engine should glow headers at idle. look at F1, there headers barely glow on test stands that reproduce track conditions while stationary. no big bike of mine that runs correctly would have those symptoms

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
zbbt said:
that guy is 100% IN-correct. no engine should glow headers at idle. look at F1, there headers barely glow on test stands that reproduce track conditions while stationary. no big bike of mine that runs correctly would have those symptoms

You're wrong. F1 car right here. Your statement "barely glow on test stands" is clearly false. The headers start glowing 16 seconds into the video.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.