PlanetMinis Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Handlebars are done! I found a NOS international MB50 left controls (Never could find a decent Monkey-R one) CM250 Master Cylinder + NOS Monkey-R brake lever. New Monkey-R Grips and throttle. I used a knock off honda mirror but the stem is too long, not sure what I'm going to do there. Anyone have a Monkey-R Mirror laying around? Lol

·
Super Moderator
10,627 Posts
Question for everyone, when this project is done I may want to trade it for a new Grom + TYGA body kit. Do you think that's asking too much?
After all that work.....I wouldn't . You are going to have a really nice and rare bike with a lot of hard to get JDM parts. Member Tank Theory who is in Japan says he never see's Monkey R's/ RT's on the road.
tmas

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I understand but when this is all done, all I have is something valuable that I am going to worry about because I cant easily get parts for it. It will probably sit in my basement under a cover and maybe go to a few motorcycle shows.

I would like something I can blast around town and have some fun with but not worry if it gets bumped, dented or scratched. Something I can get parts for within the next 20 years. My thoughts anyway :)

·
Super Moderator
10,627 Posts
I understand but when this is all done, all I have is something valuable that I am going to worry about because I cant easily get parts for it. It will probably sit in my basement under a cover and maybe go to a few motorcycle shows.

I would like something I can blast around town and have some fun with but not worry if it gets bumped, dented or scratched. Something I can get parts for within the next 20 years. My thoughts anyway :)
If that's the way you feel I would swap it. Dust collectors are not as much fun. :D
tmas

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
If that's the way you feel I would swap it. Dust collectors are not as much fun. :D
tmas
I honestly dont think it could find a better home, at least I know it would be going to someone who would appreciate it! Let me finish it up and we'll work something out. In the meantime, I have fork oil to administer, lol

41 - 48 of 48 Posts