PlanetMinis Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks AWESOME!! What are you going to use for a motor? Thanx for the inspiration - I just about got my Monkey R put together (all for parts). Now I need to tear it down and go the powdercoat route. Did you have everything powdercoated, or are some pieces painted? Colors look spot on. How much was all the powdercoating?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The motor is the first thing I built, stock zb cases, Monkey-R 4 speed trans, manual clutch, xr70 head and 88cc big bore kit. The pictures are in the first post of this thread.

The powder coating is just some in house colors that seemed pretty close to some sample parts I brought in. Fairly inexpensive to do. They did a great job, plugged all the thread holes, you will need to run a tap through all the holes after power coating.

The tank is painted wirh PPG GM black (I had a white one painted up too), a lot of the other parts are powder coated, everything else is going to be baked on enamel. The exhaust will be ceramic coated.

Thanks for the kind words. You should start a build thread too. Id like to follow your progress.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts