PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished the ZB motor with the Monkey-R 4 Speed Manual Transmission, 88cc big bore kit, and XR70r cylinder head. Other than the piston and cylinder, all Honda parts. Super excited to kick this project off! I'll post more as I progress through the bike.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Looks clean sir. Well done. I like the black clutch and Zb stator cover.

What’s the chassis looking like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently, it is in this state. I wasnt happy with an aftermarket motor. I also have acquired a stock Monkey-R exhaust so it will look right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now I have a stock ZB50 Carb that I am rebuilding along with the stock ZB50 Airbox. Currently the vision is to create what I think to be the ultimate ZB/Monkey-R using as many Honda Parts as possible. But the Daytona 190 has been calling to me, I am thinking about selling this motor if I can get my hands on one of those beasts. I am not sure though I'll see how it goes as I progress through powder coating and painting stage. I have all of the hard to get Monkey-R parts from Japan and have completely converted to the Frame to Monkey-R- specifications, so we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanx for the inspiration. Thinking of building another monkey R with all the parts I’ve stockpiled. Where’d you pick up your R stuff??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I definitely like what you have done here! Excellent work. I have been collecting parts for over a decade. Found a basket case bike and when I failed to find reasonable priced zb parts to restore it, I started looking on Yahoo Auctions Japan where Monkey-R parts were way more within reach.

Now, I have finally everything I need to get this moving forward, the engine is done and now it's time to powdercoat!!! :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wheels are starting to move for another build! Still have some tweaking to the Monkey R / NSR. Next build will be a little less over the top. Jiggy, sent you a PM. Thanx!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont have much when it comes to spare parts, I usually only buy what I need. With that being said, I have a monkey-r kick stand mount, left rearset (without shift pedal), extra turn signals, Monkey RT speedometer and plastic bucket, and a headlight.

I also have some left over ZB parts but just odds and end stuff, no major components.

·
Registered
103 Posts
All good, thanx! I just picked up a monkey R kick stand mount from JP. Good luck! LMK if I can help with anything. I sent you a PM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts