PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 1974 a couple of months ago and after driving in the neighborhood for a while I would sure like to make it street legal.

I've googled this extensively and it is hard to get a clear view, as people seems to have succeeded but by using all sorts of tricks that may not work anymore (Delaware, Canada and so on) and the posts are getting very old, and rules vary from state to state.

The biggest problem seems to be if the serial is listed in the DMV database as offroad only or non-highway, which apparently closes the door. But assuming it is not, and I come with a DMV bill of sale form that matches the serial, and I add blinkers, horn and I guess a rear view mirror, is there any reason I shouldn't be able to register it and get a plate?

Registered
Buy my CA street legal 72. 馃榿. Took me 3 trips to CHP and 8 trips to DMV.. went through everything from the chps filling our the form wrong to the DMV employee telling me nothing under 250cc can be street legal.. and after all that she just sits in my garage collecting dust..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts