PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Quick update... Yes, Gen. #4 at $1595 complete...

#1. While we are putting the final touches on our Gen #4 bike, I wanted to update you all on what we do have left over;

3-RML kits @ $299

6-Front-end kits @$299...other sell for $500+

1-TTR photo-shoot frame kit with plastic, tank & seat @$399

2-90cc 10" mini-bikes complete @ $549...other sell for $1000+

...and all left over parts will be sold for FOB / China cost.

We have no; Z-155 motors, KLX linkage / KLX non-linkage rollers or TTR's left to sell.

#2 Some thoughts... While the bikes we sold for Gen. #3 we are proud of... the amount of misplaced parts just drove John & I nuts. Additionally, we trusted a sub-contractor to ship our products that was happy to get paid, but did not care when our stuff was shipped out.

Was it a mistake to sub-contract this service for the chance of saving the customer $60-$75 dollars per order?

Hell Yes!

Are we sorry for making the wrong decision here?

Absolutely.

#3. Gee bob, what have you learned? Alot about not trusting people...

First of all there is no replacement for being in charge of EVERYTHING (ordering, shipping, parts selection, warehousing, tracking data, etc, etc..)... so while it pains me to not debut a Gen #4 bike at the MMSX this year (as I had planned)... I think we will be far better off with an extra round of parts / frame / linkage validation as we have changed quite a bit to make these new bikes with the best quality; chromoly steel, billet aluminum, rear shock upgrade... and other quality components as possible (no more complaints about cast wheels, single caliper rear brakes or missing fasteners, etc..).

Lastly, let me leave you with a couple of important details... We have cut ZERO corners on this Gen. #4 mini. I did NOT build this bike to meet a "price point", it has the best of everything. Others will sell a medium quality mini with a medium quality motor for $1400... WTF?... Not us. Buying stuff twice just sucks! ...and where is the real savings doing that?

The new Gen. #4 $1099 crf 70 linkage roller arrives in 2 boxes,

Box #1 has high-end wheels ONLY.

Box #2 has the complete assembled roller with only the handlebars at the side.

If you are buying a new Zongshen -155 from us...

Box#3 has the OKO 28mm carb STOCK! :arms: It is not a $125+ upgrade

... and the entire new 155 motor is < $495 with a twin oil cooler, kitaco style kicker and nice gear shift lever.

If you have other questions I will respond as I have more details with pics...

So I challenge you all to find a better 12" linkage/non-linkage mini for under $1595 with the latest z-155, and best parts, etc...

cheers,

bob

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Re: General Update...

I love it. These guys just keep getting better! Why would you go anywhere else? LOOK AT THESE PRICES!!!! Thanks guys!!!

Oh yeah...Bob:

You guys need to come up with some kind of literature or something for us to hand out. I used up every napkin in my truck last night writing down your website lol. EVERYONE was asking whos Medina and where they could get one.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
sageone said:
So it sounds like a complete Gen 4 bike will cost $1600 + shipping.

Correct?

thx.

Yep! Bob had mentioned they will be $1599.00 What a deal huh? Complete race ready bike with the zonger H.O. and dual coolers!!! Thats one helluva deal.

·
Registered
433 Posts
xr70racer said:
+1 I want a CRF70 one.

Yes on the above, you all will love this bike, we are doing things with this bike that none of the other vendors have done before, more details to come later, and the z155 motor Bob is talking about will be the same as the z160 HO motor that other vendors are selling, we are just including the bling and right carb from the start at a very great price. :D:D:D

·
Registered
3,857 Posts

Special~K said:
I love it. These guys just keep getting better! Why would you go anywhere else? LOOK AT THESE PRICES!!!! Thanks guys!!!

Oh yeah...Bob:

You guys need to come up with some kind of literature or something for us to hand out. I used up every napkin in my truck last night writing down your website lol. EVERYONE was asking whos Medina and where they could get one.

Agreed. Literature is handy to have and we can help you with it. :)

A

·
0 Posts

Special~K said:

Oh yeah...Bob:

hmm.. maybe some nice new photos of riders on the medinas could help with that? (hint hint!) ;)

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
sounds like the gen 4 crf70 style linkage roller will be hot! , perhaps the perfect bike to put someones high hp honda motor or a twin cammer in.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The bikes are already great quality....and they are getting better? Sounds good! With these guys doing their own shipping...this will be THE setup to get.

·
Registered
433 Posts
stevos50nuts said:
we want pics bob

Stevo, you guys must be patient. Spoke to Bob tonight and he will get pics up as soon as we had a photo shoot, there is a few things that we are making even better after some more R&D and you all will not be dissapointed with the Gen4 bikes, they will look the best on the market with the best quality equipment with the best price. :D:D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, that was the original plan.... that was before I had to 're-do' a bunch of the gen. #4 work... again:rolleyes:.

Like I said... we are trying for 2 boxed replacement motors, 1 chinese linkage roller... and 1 american made linkage 'frame-kit'.

When these projects (above) are finally ready... I am going to Key West to drink on a catamaran, snorkle & tan...

bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts