PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lowest amount of teeth I can ind is 41 for the rear sprocket for a kx65 rear wheel ...so what r u guys running for gearing ....my motor is a kitaco 160 4 valve

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i run 16-45, with my 143 yx head pe28, i like the gearing, only reasond i run 45 on rear is b/c thats the lowest they make in steal... the stupid alum ones wore out in 20hrs.. but anywhere from 16-42 or 45 would be good just depends where u ride....you can get front,rear sprockets, rk gold chain for like 40bucks at cheapcycleparts.com sprockets are made by parts unlimited oh and u have the 4th geat right??

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
PMP will make whatever you want. PMP Sprockets

I got a 36T from PM member alracer72 that PMP made for him. 36 is the smallest possible, but it requires modifying the hub for the chain to clear the bolt heads and sprocket mounts. I'm currently running 39T with a 15T up front for offroad.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
XLr8r said:
PMP will make whatever you want. PMP Sprockets

I got a 36T from PM member alracer72 that PMP made for him. 36 is the smallest possible, but it requires modifying the hub for the chain to clear the bolt heads and sprocket mounts. I'm currently running 39T with a 15T up front for offroad.

15-39 is also a nice set up thats what i ran before 16-45

1 - 6 of 6 Posts