PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy was riding his 110 the other day and gas and oil spit out the oil breather hose and when he changed his oil it had a little bit of gas in it. What could cause this? Piston rings?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
sounds like a stuck float valve to me.

Meaning that the float valve is allowing gas to dribble into the cylinder and it's getting past the rings when the engine is sitting.

So when he rides the bike, the oil level is WAY to high, hence the spitting of the gas oil mixture out of the crank case vent.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
sxrscer189 said:
we have cleaned it several times. we think the petcock is F-ed up. because when its turned off it still leaks gas

Doesn't matter .. When the float reaches a certain level in the float bowl , at the same time it raises the float needle to stop fuel from over flow'n the carb .

You either have a float issue or the float needle is bad/dirty ...

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
If your fuel petcock still continues to run even in the off position. That would be your problem.

I'd replace it and your issues should go away. While I did mention the float needle may be stuck or dirty. I've seen a ton of times where the fuel petcock keeps flowing and will over power the float needle, hence an engine full of raw fuel.

Make sure your vent hose for your gas cap is working too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.