PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a pretty crazy week in the garage including an Aprilia SVX V twin Motard pretty neat, I also tore down a Yamaha 1300 V-4 touring bike engine. He washed out the cylinders with fuel diluted oil. There is no magic, if the oil level is going up; there is a problem. Remember that the previous weekend was a WERA race ,that we missed, at Talladega GP. It was a rainy race weekend with some good results for some people who had never raced in those cold rainy conditions. A local mini (NSR) racer Michael on Sava tires did pretty well winning Saturdays race but no glory on Sunday. He is running into the problem of his mass holding him back when running against jr. racers. Extra thanks to our tire man at the track Derrick StickBoy Bennett, you had a long drive from South Carolina for just a little love. I also wanted to say to a guy in Texas that a bike is not running a stock engine when you had the crank set and welded, did the head and put on a bigger carb. This is a modded bike, I am not saying that the bike is not legal for the class (it is a Formula Class after all) but telling people your engines are stock is a tired line. We know that if you worked on it it is probably not stock, be proud of it, don't lie to people about it.
The NOLA GAMRA (Gulf Area Mini Racers Association) arrived at a very foggy NOLA MotorSports Park. In Saint Amant 60 minutes away, we awoke to pouring rain. I put a set Sava rains on Kevins 65 and loaded up and headed off with the boys. We pulled the dry bikes off and the boys got to work. It is interesting that Zach's bike which I still feel is flat on the bottom end workes fine. It starts first kick (even when cold) and is strong on top. Kevin and Zach rode it all day with no troubles, we ran it out of gas twice and it didn't miss a beat. Trey is our 6 year old who got the least of our dirt training. Where we live used to have a great trail system but the 4 wheelers ruined with ruts preventing the owner from bush hogging it so I don't let the kids ride back there as much anymore. Apparently it didn't affect Trey who is now a knee down racer. He proudly showed us his dragged slider and then went out and put it down in most of the corners. Zach is going to work on it because he doesn't want to be the only guy in the car with fresh sliders. What makes me laugh is that he is still pretty quick and looks like so many other novices in his riding position. He will evolve! Peace Out

1 - 1 of 1 Posts