PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a chp143 about 2 weeks ago. Then yesterday i installed a chp clutch. If I hold the bike wide open going through the gears it runs like a raped ape untill I go to slow down and shift form third to second. The shifter sort of locks up and I cant down shift. I have to lift up the stifter again like im putting it into 4th, then I am able to down shift into second. If I just put-put through the gears there is no problem, it down shifts fine. It still is a 3 speed tranny. I kick it over and it starts right up with no hesitation. I recieved an aluminum spacer with the clutch, chp says it is so the shifter does not get pushed inside the motor. I could not fit it on my shift shaft so im not shure where it goes. Could that be causing the problem?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
no the spacer is to convert the clutch to a fully manual so u can use it or not, i choose not to and it works fine but i will be putting it in soon

as far as the shifting goes mine does that a little no, are u just tapping it down or pushing it down and holding it? i know the manual clutch makes it so u cant hold it down u just have to shift and leave it alone so maybe its how ur shifting?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is not the removal spacer. It is alum and it is about an inch long with about a 5/8 hole. im thinking it goes on the shift shaft inside the right side cover- directly below the clutch. I installed the removal spacer when I installed the clutch. Its an 06 with probably 15 hours total on the bike. It shifts really smooth through all of the gears just doesnt down shift from third to second.

I ran a cable clutch on my 03 and never had a ploblem with shifting besides the rare occasion of finding netural from first to second. Im going to mess with it some more and run it on a stand through the gears, and see if I can hear anything out of wack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.