PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name: Chester

Means of Contact: PM me on here or email me at [email protected]

Motor came out of a Baja Panterra 50. It wasnt running and I wanted a 125 so I pulled it and bought a Lifan. Motor has compression. Motor kicks over freely. Motor has spark. We tried new gas. Carb hasnt been cleaned. Plug wasn't replaced. Stator wasnt cleaned up at all. May be all it needs to run I dunno. Drained the oil to get it ready to ship and there was no signs of metal in it at all.

Looking to get $100 shipped for the complete motor below with carb and airbox. I'll also include the throttle and cable with the carb cap on em and the CDI box.

OR

I'll trade straight up for a Firepower 23/20 race head for my Stg I 88 kit.:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Head does NOT have E22 stamped on it anywhere. Piston is approx 51mm wide.

I'm thinkin it's a 48 not a 70... what do I need to measure to be 100% sure?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW pics of engine with head and cylinder removed to come tomorrow. Cylinder is not scored, piston looks clean, and valves look okay too!

·
Super Moderator
9,976 Posts
If the piston is almost 51mm in diameter, you might have an an 85cc kit on that engine. Measure the height of the cylinder and see if it 63mm tall. That usually indicates a standard 41.4mm stroke.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carb says Keihin Japan with the star on it. Not sure if it's real. Pics will come around 4 or 5... I'm workin til 3 or so.

I'll have to put a shifter on it and see if I can figure out how many speeds it is... unless there's a better way sensai.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics as promised...

Piston

Valves

Rocker Assembly (Does the YG4 on the cam mean anything to anybody?)

HOGT cast into the head under where the cam gear would be

Keihin? Carb

Upon disassembly it seems maybe the HG was blown? Burnt oil on EVERYTHING

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm gonne revise my guess to bad or improperly installed rings. Looks like a lot of the oil came from under the piston!

Anybody got any clue what I'm working with from the above pics? 48cc as cast on the cylinder? 72cc as rumored most were? 85cc as a little birdie told me it may be if my yardstick guestimate of 51mm wide piston is correct. (Which it probably isnt)

How about the head. E22 copy (although it's not marked E22 anywhere on the head) or some crappy 48cc stocker?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1.848" piston.. it's a 72. What to do what to do. Should I just keep the head or keep the whole thing and build a spare??? Anybody wanna comment on if they think the rings went and that may be all it needed? EVERYTHING is covered in burnt oil.

·
Super Moderator
9,976 Posts
I think it's more along the lines of having worn valve guide seals, the whole combustion area of the head appears to be wet with oil, but, if the rings are bad, as well, the oil could be seeping past the rings after the engine is shut down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts