PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about keeping the wanted and for sale items in one forum. Honestly it's a better idea. Look at the views in the for sale section then look at the views in the wanted section. No comparison. There are items that are wanted but noone's looking in there from what I can tell.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
The "for sale" section has been around for 3 years and the views were ported over when the new categories were created a week or two ago. Thus the discrepancy of views on the for sale and the newly created wanted section.

The classifieds are much too big to have them in one forum and people cannot effectively buy and sell as the ads get buried after a couple of hours. People shouldn't have to constantly bump threads to bring them back into public view, and by categorizing, it makes people buy and sell more effectively.

It may not be as convenient, but we have too many members here and too much data to have everything lumped into one classifieds forum.

This is also why we don't have one big forum covering all topics.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
ya I like the new way also. My bike for sale stays on the front page of the classifieds for days now instead of hours like before. And it filters out the people looking for the bike than just the ones looking for shifters and stuff. I am constiantly checking just new posts so I really don't miss anythign but if I want to check out bikes i know where to look now :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
It seems to work fine this way. Why do I think this, becauseI posted a wanted ad in that forum and got a reply from someone who had the part in less than 30 min.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
z88R said:
The "for sale" section has been around for 3 years and the views were ported over when the new categories were created a week or two ago. Thus the discrepancy of views on the for sale and the newly created wanted section.

The classifieds are much too big to have them in one forum and people cannot effectively buy and sell as the ads get buried after a couple of hours. People shouldn't have to constantly bump threads to bring them back into public view, and by categorizing, it makes people buy and sell more effectively.

It may not be as convenient, but we have too many members here and too much data to have everything lumped into one classifieds forum.

This is also why we don't have one big forum covering all topics.

I was not talking about overall views. I was talking about views of the most recent threads I see there. Over 100 views on some of the for sale items that have not been there very long and maybe 10 on some of the wanted items. The classifieds worked just fine b/4 and never heard anyone complain about it myself.

And duh about the one big forum. If you could project tone through typing then I am pretty sure how you meant that. Am I correct?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think a better way to divide it up would be to have a 50's section, 110's section and other section. I have stuff I'd like to buy and stuff I'd like to sell, so personally I would like to see both wanted and for sale adds on 110 stuff and never have to look at 50 stuff. In fact, last week I purchased a TB 26mm carb kit only to find out it was for a 50.

I would guess that the two most common questions are....pics? and is that for a 50? or a 110?

Unfortunately there probably isn't any easy way to parse the data.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
1tenner said:
I think a better way to divide it up would be to have a 50's section, 110's section and other section. I have stuff I'd like to buy and stuff I'd like to sell, so personally I would like to see both wanted and for sale adds on 110 stuff and never have to look at 50 stuff. In fact, last week I purchased a TB 26mm carb kit only to find out it was for a 50.

I would guess that the two most common questions are....pics? and is that for a 50? or a 110?

Unfortunately there probably isn't any easy way to parse the data.

Now that's a good idea and is doable. I'll look into this later in the week next week.

·
Banned
528 Posts
yes, i tihnk that is a much better way to organize things. before when i was looking for a pipe or and engine or w/e i was looking for, id usaully get about 3 replies in a day, i posted a wanted ad for an engine, barely any views, and no pm's or replies yet.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
True, I've been looking for a Lifan take off aluminium cylinder for weeks with hardly any views of the thread. With all the BBK's being sold I'm sure somebody has some stock parts laying around that they would like to cash out on!

G

·
I think some of it is the names of the threads. If you say... parts for sale... people will wanna know if you have something they are looking for. If you say... swingarm for sale... only people looking for them will click. Same for buying stuff but if you are buying something you're bound to be more specific from the beginning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.