PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
First off it will work, I've got one just like it. 2nd, a smaller front sprocket will make the bike pull harder out of corners and will make less top end speed.

If u want more top end, try a 15 or 16 tooth front, or a smaller rear sprocket. Remember, when u start playing with sprocket sizes, and make big changes, u will need a new chain.

U can get rear sprockets from WRW Racing for cheap!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fireman_343 said:
First off it will work, I've got one just like it. 2nd, a smaller front sprocket will make the bike pull harder out of corners and will make less top end speed.

If u want more top end, try a 15 or 16 tooth front, or a smaller rear sprocket. Remember, when u start playing with sprocket sizes, and make big changes, u will need a new chain.

U can get rear sprockets from WRW Racing for cheap!!

Thanks Brian!!

I will look into those rear sprockets from WRW Racing!!

I guess I really don't need more to end as I do a more useful power band. By power out of the corners are you talking about faster engine spin up? I need a tad bit more mid range power..

·
Registered
25 Posts
remember 1 down on front = 3 up on rear

you will loose big time on top end with 1 down on the front, I know as I have done the same and now have gone back to stock setup.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MC21 said:
remember 1 down on front = 3 up on rear

you will loose big time on top end with 1 down on the front, I know as I have done the same and now have gone back to stock setup.
Ouch!!

So would 1 up on the front =3 down on the rear? That may be a better way to go?

·
Registered
25 Posts
cabbynate said:
Ouch!!

So would 1 up on the front =3 down on the rear? That may be a better way to go?

Yes, 1 up on the front = 3 down on the rear.

In your case, try 2 up on the rear, that should make a huge different already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts