PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...anyone running a 16 tooth front sprocket on their 110? I was just wondering if it would fit. Is there even a 16 tooth front sprocket available? I just ask cause someone once told me you should always run the largest front sprocket possible then make your changes to the rear for your preferrences. Something about chain angle or slack or kink or something along those lines.

Regards.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I don't think there is one available, but I wouldn't quote me. I looked for one too, but couldn't find one.

The reason you want a large as possible front sprocket is the mechanics on the tranny. I don't know why exactly, but if you have a larger front sprocket it's less stressful on the countershaft.

I think it's basically the theory of you having a "longer lever" to transmit the power.

·
Registered
139 Posts
For what it's worth, we just put a 40 rear on a stock KLX 110 and it was a huge difference in every gear. We raced my X4R that has 1 tooth smaller front against his bike stock on the street drag race style. I left him in every gear and pulled the whole time.

We then raced after just changing his 33 rear to a 40 and it was unreal. His bike was basically dead even untill I was in the middle of 4th. If I ever own a 110 again the fisrt thing I will do is buy a 40 tooth rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.