PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres what happened. i just got 75cc kit and wanted to get a 15 tooth front sprocket for my 50. so i went to my local MX shop and they ordered one in. i bring it home and i knew it wasn't gonna fit, but i still tryed, and nope. so we bring it back today and the guy looked up the xr and it says that sprocket he got was right, and he looked up z50 and crf50, and still they were all the same. he even called a different shop to see if they could check one of there 50s (my shop didn't hav any in at the time) and the guy says that one he has takes a different sprocket. so we started talking about other things that could hav happened, but in the end i just got my money back.

the one the guy sold me was this one, that i got off the BBR site:

but if u look at it that one, it has square teeth on it and it takes a completely different clip. the one my 50 takes looks like this:

its has more triangled shaped teeth.

so once i got home i went around to differnt site to see what sprockets the 50 compaines were selling.

BBR - square tooth style

fast 50 - triangle tooth style

all flipped out - square tooth

DPM - triangle tooth

Two Bros - both kinds

so what i wanna know is what kinda of front sprocket does ur 50 take and what year is it, maybe they changed it over the yaers? mines an 2003.

or does anyone know why some 50 hav different drive shafts?thanks, ROB.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
then y did my dealer hav the part number for one of the square toothed ones?

and y does some of the 50 companies sell the square toothed ones and sya they r for the xr?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well buying an aftermarket sprocket from an actual 50 company would have been my first option but its a bitch and a half paying those dam fees to get it over the boarder.

·
Registered
11 Posts
call keith at Phat 50s thats where i got my 15t sprocket, he's got them in stock and only in Ajax

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya i kno abot phat 50s, keith lives like 10 mins from me just some things he has r a bit pricy, how much did u get urs for 1shiftaway, and did u get that 50 ur were looking for yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.