PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:? :? :? I have just installed BBR front fork springs and I'm not sure if I like them or not yet. First of all, they claim they are not any longer than the stock ones but thats not true! They are 2 inches longer than the stockies. Also I seem to have more play in my fork legs now. Does anyone else have or has had this problem. Would some new fork bushings help? like brass ones or something.

Ps. the bbr tall seat base sux! too!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Buy fork bushings definatly. If I were you, I'd just sell those BBRs since they arn't a progressive spring and buy a whole kit with longer fork legs, bushings, and progressive springs! :wink:

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
they should be an inch longer, when installed correctly. sounds like your peice in the top isnt set in the slot right. i think honda should change their bushing design to the aftermarket style. dont get bronze bushings, the delrin or teflon plastic ones work great.

if your really pissed at the seat, drill some holes strait down into it to make it softer(take the cover off first!!)

·
Registered
477 Posts
ur old springs were probably shot so they sat lower then normal (just like rmrider, lol) so now that u got the new springs on they looks like they sit 2 inch higher but it really only 1inch (which is normal) or five0 could be right too. but what does it matter how high it sits 1 ro 2 inch high doesn;t make any diff really.

and five 0 hes talking about the base not the foam, the bbr foam is suppost to be super soft already.

·
Registered
229 Posts
MXcrazy5050 said:
ur old springs were probably shot so they sat lower then normal (just like rmrider, lol)

my forks are like 1/4 inch, sacked out to the max :cry: i got me an ishock yesterday though! i like it, like 15mins into my ride the rear end felt really bouncy.. not sure if it was the non-res losing it dampening or if the clicker was to far in.. either way i moved it out 3 more clicks and it worked better..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like how the springs helped the stiffness but would new bushings help all the forkplay i have?? I'm afraid I'll bend my fork legs!!! And about the seat, The seat foam and cover is awesome but the dang base doesnt even fit right. I just figured since they make you pay a 100$ for a seat, the least they could do is make it fit without using the stock base.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.