PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-I have started racing a 50 on an indoor go cart track and have found the stock forks lakin', even with chro-mo legs and heavier springs.

-I want something more solid, but don't really need more travel or height. -I plan to stay with the 10" wheels

-used parts would be good since I am trying to do it on the cheap

-I have a CHP +3 swinger and a 270mm i shock.

-I already have the sik50's disc brake conversion with billet hub (works in a drum brake fork)

-So I am not sure if i should buy a fork for disc and change wheels or try to find a fork for drums.

any suggestions or forks for sale?--have considered these options

for drum brake:

-BBR sp-5 maybe get crf70 damping rods to lower, seals and oil change

-xr/crf70 needing mods for brake. maybe bbr top to raise tubes

-brand x forks not sure about any mods? how does height compare?

-50caliber fork same ?'s as brand x

for disc:

there would be lots of options but want to keep the cost down since i will also need wheels and a brake setup.

-the ebay stuff looks like junk, but maybe since i will not be jumping(just crashing) i would be ok. how would the height be?

anything you guys could suggest would be great

·
Registered
683 Posts
I and several buddies run SP5's with about 80 wt. oil and HD springs. We also have stock XR 70 swingers with various shocks. The stock 70swinger is about a +1.5 compared to stock 50 swinger. This combo runs great on tight go-kart tracks.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.