PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought drz110's front zoke setup and happens to be the front brakes wont bleed and he didnt tell me that ? so what all brakes can i bolt up to this front end ?

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so they will not bleed if i dont use that ? where do u find them ?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I got the same problem with my brakes. I have a mighty vac setup like what pax racing is showing but is there anyone that has instructions on how to bleed the brakes properly on this setup.

I really hate this brake setup it should not be that much of a pain.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Local bicycle shop may be your answer...give them a try.Or you could buy my Formula front brake set up, which is the same type as what you are having problems with.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Any decent bicycle shop should have the bleeder kit for Formula brakes, that's where I bought mine for the Formula brakes on my son's KTM 50. Hook up at the caliper and push the fluid up to the master cylinder, took me 5 minutes

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wht u mean push the fluid up ?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
RUMotarded said:
Hook up at the caliper and push the fluid up to the master cylinder, took me 5 minutes

the caliper clamps the pads onto the rotor when you squeeze the lever, the master cylinder is the piece that mounts to the bars that the lever is attached to, so if you hook the kit up to the caliper and pump fluid into the line it is going to go "up" to the master

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya ive done that , i believe i found a leak in the line

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank u

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will kx65 bolt right up ?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
no, you can buy kx65 lugs (black things on the bottom of the legs that hold the axle). they are around $150. that will allow you to get the parts you need to run the kx65 brakes. one place i know of that sells those is paxracing (make sure don knows that yours are the old style forks)

Pax Racing Store

or you can get the kit that most people on here run and go with the kx65 marzocchi adapter kit from siktendenciesracing, thats what i did. they both cost about the same

they are both pm members and siktendencies is a vendor on here

Home

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok took to local bike shop and they said the o-rings are bad where the line hook to the master cylinder and caliper. Where can i find these to buy some new ones

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I went to the local ace hardware to match up one of the old o ring seals. Mine were cracked too but after replacing them it did not help much at all in bleeding it. I tried bleeding it from the top and bottom etc. nothing works.

This zoke brake system is crap for sure. I got tired of trying to bleed mine. I got a bit of it bleed but you have to pump the lever once or try to get enough grab to stop with the front brakes!

If anyone is selling a bleed and working zoke brake system for the older style let me know. I need one for a 10 inch zoke wheel though mounted on a set of 110 forks but I assume the brake setups are the same I think for a 50 or 110.

May end up buying the sik tends 65 kit over winter I think or if anyone is selling the kit let me know I will buy it!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
you could probably just get a good bike shop to bleed them for you and just pay them to do it. Also the 200mm rotor upgrade makes a huge difference over the stock 160mm

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i went to local hardware store and matched up o-rings and bought a bleed kit from the bike shop, now i just gotta figure out how to use the syringe kit

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
okk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts