PlanetMinis Forums banner

frankenbuild mismatch questions

656 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  oilspot 
#1 ·
The chinese 107cc in my wifes 73 z50 finally locked up the other day. So I've gotta put together something for her quick/ cheap.

I've got a 83 z50 "shortblock". I'm planning on putting the entire top end off of a 03' xr50. I don't have a good stator plate so I'm going to use one of the ebay Irk setups. Figure I'll go ahead and do the free head gasket mod to bump up the compression. A friend of mine has my stock xr50 carb manifold, so I'm going to bolt the 19mm carb of the 107cc chinese motor just to see how the motor responds to it. If it run bad I'll get my stocker carb back.

Anybody see any problems with this setup?

#4 ·
Yeah I was just figuring out the crank end differances. Also figured out that a friend of mine here in town has a stock complete setup that will fit this engine. May just use that, and try chucking up the stock flywheel in my little lathe and cutting some weight off of it.

Now how about the rest of the setup?

I've got a tb88rh kit on my bike. I've had in the powroll titanium clutch weights in that clutch since before I did the tb kit. Thinking about swapping the clutches so that she'd have the "stall speed" style clutch. I know it helped alot when I was running a stock 50cc!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.