PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i were to paint the frame on my 50 what type of paint should i use? can i just use spray paint if i prime it and sand it and everything or should i use a special paint? i cant get it powder coated because my parents hate to put money into it.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
don't use just regular laquer or enamel spray paint, it will chip too easy no matter what, use epoxy spray paint if you want to use spray paint, it is a little tougher than normal spray paint. I used it to paint my stock frame black and it is holding up very good. There were barely any chips, just little dings here and there

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
ya, you can only buy like black,white and tan at hardware stores, i think those are the only colors they make. If you want colors like red, blue, yellow then you have to go to a motorcycle shop and order PJ1 frame paint, its also epoxy paint

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got a job at a sign company called M&W signs but i got so much other stuff i've got to order for my 50 so i just want a cheap way to paint my frame but i also what it to look good and last for a little while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.