PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what brands make a frame the same length as stock and a +1 swinger?

am i right that fast50s make a stock size frame and sano makes a +1 swinger?

im trying to build a 50 close to stock size, with a +1 swinger and sp5s and either a stock reinforced frame or an aftermarket one if ther is such a thing

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just looked and fast50s has a frame and a +1.5 swinger but its like 700 for the combo and thats fucckn rediculous. ther is no way i would pay that much lol if thats the only frame i will def be beffin up a stocker frame for less than 100 bucks. im thinkin thats gonna be my best bet

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea fast50s does, and you could make a stock sized frame just as strong as the other aftermarket frames. its all in the materials and how you build it, i dont think size matters that much

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i saw the sano one on minibikeoutlet.com so maybe they have them in stock i dont know.

and i was just saying $700 because dont have the prices of everything memorized and i knew it was very expensive

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
moto234 said:
well i saw the sano one on minibikeoutlet.com so maybe they have them in stock i dont know.

and i was just saying $700 because dont have the prices of everything memorized and i knew it was very expensive

I am just kinda giving you a warning because were a Sano dealer too and I am all but positive they arent even making that +1 anymore.

Yea it costs some money, I have had a Fast50s Frame/swinger (the same one you are looking at) with some speed forks since 2004 though, and its held up, so thats the good news :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HRC said:
Yeah. I thought you were saying you could make a stock frame as strong as an aftermarket one.
o no no lol i know that isnt possible, the stock frames are poop. but i think im gonna just reinforce the neck on one and get an add on cradle and call it a day lol

AHPminis said:
I am just kinda giving you a warning because were a Sano dealer too and I am all but positive they arent even making that +1 anymore.

Yea it costs some money, I have had a Fast50s Frame/swinger (the same one you are looking at) with some speed forks since 2004 though, and its held up, so thats the good news :)

o ok thanks for the heads up, i probably wont be getting one anyway im going to college right now and i can barely afford rent so im gonna have to go a cheaper route for now unfortunately

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
My stock reinforced frame will be more than good enough for myself only at 140lbs. I have even seen a five o chrome moly subframe bend like it was nothing. Going to do lots of work to the stocker frame for sure. One thing I really do not want to do is make it alot heavier but may try to make some of the stuff lighter that I weld on using hole shapes or something that will not mess with the strength too much. Going with the budget backyard build stock mod 50 with built 70 forks and swinger with maybe a fox air shock out back or for the time being a stock kx 60 shock I got laying around.

The top of the frame neck and even the bottom and where the head tube is going to get strengthen. Not sure about doing little gussets by where the subframe connects to the frame. Just a project for spring/summer time to keep me busy.

Will build a full mod 50 one day later down the road. LOL

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^ im planning on doing something very similar to what youre doing with the 70 forks and swinger. should be inexpensive but fun.

im not quite sure how i want to reinforce the frame yet but i ahev a pretty good idea, ill see if i can explain it lol. i want to get a peice of 1/4 inch steel that is like 8" long and 2" wide, i then want to cut a whole in the top and bottom of the frame wher it usually rakes out and stick the steel in ther and weld it.

i dont know if that makes sense how i wrote it but my thinking is this. if you were to take a flat piece of metal and lay it horizontaly it would be easy to bend down but if you take the same piece of metal and tip it up vertically it would be almost impossible to bend down.

does that make sense? lol

then i wanted to reinforce a few other places but thats the main spot im looking at

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
this isnt a stock frame but this is the place i would put the metal plate

id slice it put the metal in a weld the top and bottom, should be super hard to bend with that in ther. then i will probably work on the gusset under the neck, reinforce the motor mounts a bit and weld a little bar to the back of the subframe to close the loop

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.