PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
FiDdY_fReNzY said:
yea well im very confused with the whole thing. but im not saying chromo legs are bad. but if you make them too strong wont the uppers just crack?

I have the aluminum stiffeners in mine. About 75% of my buddies have bent their lower fork legs. I have not bent mine (not even a little bit). My uppers are not cracked, bent or out of their normal shape. Since my buddies bent them most of them have purchaced the aluminum stiffeners. They have'nt bent their new fork legs. So IMO and with the experience i have had with them, they are working just fine in all ways.

G

·
Cool, thanks guys. I was wondering how these things worked. I tried emailing the guy who sells 'em on Ebay to find out, but he never e-mailed me back to let me know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I still would like the size, but I'm ready to put one leg off and measure it myself. There is no reason to have to buy these, any local machine shop can whip these off in a few minutes for a lot cheaper! Come on, not all of us want or need $1000+ forks to have fun!

·
Registered
609 Posts
RedLon said:
I still would like the size, but I'm ready to put one leg off and measure it myself. There is no reason to have to buy these, any local machine shop can whip these off in a few minutes for a lot cheaper! Come on, not all of us want or need $1000+ forks to have fun!

Did you get prices on maching? If you did how much? Is the price for 1 or 2?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
hey if u really wanna do it cheap, my buddy bent his stock tubes, i heated them up and bent them back, to make them strong since heating and bending makes it weak, i put rebar in it, i just slide it all the way down, and figured out where the would hit the bottom so it wont move, it puts some weight in the fork, but its not bad though, for the people that dont have much money cuz i just found the rebar lying around, its worth a shot! good luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.