PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I just use my bike to stunt and i may do some dirt one day(highly doubtful besides putting around). I have a 108 tb stroker kit. Has old head though. But its being ported and polished. Im wondering what cam I could run for low end power? Also what carb is good for low end and mid range? 24 or 26?

·
Registered
551 Posts
i herd 24 carbs are no good (like they brake) and for pistion look for compression ratio the higher it is the more snappy and easy er to start it will be

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so should I just search for a vm22 or something in a 22 size and jet it more instead of going with a 24? I dont care for top end really

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
26mm is way to big unless your running a 124+

been there done that

PE 24mm on a 88cc with big valve head worked great that carb is real easy to tune

also worked well on a 106 with big valve head

if you want low end try a 22mm

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya I want the vm22/24 the 606 or something like that. I dont buy any chinese or fake crap for this bike. Besides my gas cap cause it kills me to spend $100 on the one I want. If anyone hears of someone with a vm22 lmk. I heard though most vm22 are two stroke. OKO 22 any good?

·
Registered
781 Posts
fiddy4ever said:
your Wrong. Too big of a carb is no bueno.

The smaller the carb you put on the motor = the best bottom end and throttle response

I thought it was the other way around? I had a vm26 an it was ok then I installed a 28 flatside on a 165. Thats what I found. Maybe it was the way they were tuned? Carbs are complicated. lol.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
trtr013 said:
so I just use my bike to stunt and i may do some dirt one day(highly doubtful besides putting around). I have a 108 tb stroker kit. Has old head though. But its being ported and polished. Im wondering what cam I could run for low end power? Also what carb is good for low end and mid range? 24 or 26?

Power starts from the air filter and ends at the canister. with that said you would have to be more detailed with what your motor setup is. You can achieve better bottom end by ignition timing cam timing different cam higher compression different manifold length different exhaust and of course no replacement for displacement. Without knowing other specs you could put a small carb on it and just lose everywhere.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wasn't going to get ignition timing cause its 3-400 bucks. I plan to get a good carb and intake to match. I got a yosh exhaust. I am wondering what cam to run since I don't think I can use different kinds in a TB head. I plan on using the older tb head and 108 kit I just need a carb and intake. I want to use stock flywheel cause i hear too many probs with the irk being to light. I think.I need a kitaco super coil but I'm.unsure.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
What do you guys think about a vm24/26 on a 117 stroker? Im building this one from a basket and all that is left is the carb.. I feel like a 20/22 will be to small.

At the same time, Im pretty sure the stock 110 carb is an 18, and I ran that just fine on a 134. I then moved up to a vm26 and it was a world of difference but still, the stocker worked. In theory, a 20/22mm should work pretty good correct?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ya but the jetting on your stock 110 is different. Everything I read said 26 on a bored stroker motor. and 26/28 on the 124s. I gotta hunt for an intake and carb now. tbolt has some cool intakes. Does the intake brand actually matter?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts