PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....another letdown by my local honda dealership surprise surprise the flywheel puller they ordered for me was the wrong one...so I have decided to bypass their substandard services as much as humanely possible from now on...if anyone knows a good site that would ship one of these to western canada asap or maybe has a spare for sale that would fit my 1982 z50's flywheel I would love to hear from you

thanks,

Matt P

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Leave the flywheel nut on but loose, tap on it (not on the end of the threaded shaft!) with a hammer while a friend applies pressure on each side of the flywheel with 2 large screw drivers. It'll pop right off.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
jupebag69 said:
Hey guys....another letdown by my local honda dealership surprise surprise the flywheel puller they ordered for me was the wrong one...so I have decided to bypass their substandard services as much as humanely possible from now on...if anyone knows a good site that would ship one of these to western canada asap or maybe has a spare for sale that would fit my 1982 z50's flywheel I would love to hear from you

thanks,

Matt P

Welcome to the club, Matt. My local Honda shop did the same thing to me. No shot at a refund either. After waiting a week for it to arrive, I'm stuck with a worthless POS. The best part is, when I went to try and get my money back, I noticed a flywheel puller on the shelf that had been there for months. Out of curiousity, I asked to see it. (I asked if it was for a crf50 before I ordered the pOS one, they said no) Well, guess what? It said it would work on crf50s! Apparently the salesman did not have his glasses on that day.

Go back and tell Honda that you want the Motion Pro flywheel puller. Don't forget to tell them that it is unfair to you, the customer, to have to pay for something you did not even want or need. (There is no way you could tell it would not fit until after you already tore into the crappy blister packaging) I have a feeling they are going to have a BS excuse and not offer a refund tho.

What a drag.. I could have saved a week's wait and $15. Good luck Matt. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will definetly try the idea with the screwdrivers and nut thanks for the tip...and ya thats my problem its 4 business days to order a new one and I work shift so probably a week before I could pick it up....its such a hassle having to deal with people who have no idea what going on good thing you guys are here..

also on an added note when I had origanally put my parts order in (kickstart shaft) I told them to order a puller....the decided to order it after the shaft got in lol

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Did you know it the flywheel puller was reverse threaded? I didn't when I first got mine and spent a good 15 minutes cursing at it and myself and then felt really stupid when I found out you have to turn it to the left to get it in the flywheel. I'm just stating the obvious.

·
Registered
192 Posts
arlindsay1992 said:
Did you know it the flywheel puller was reverse threaded? I didn't when I first got mine and spent a good 15 minutes cursing at it and myself and then felt really stupid when I found out you have to turn it to the left to get it in the flywheel. I'm just stating the obvious.

i remember doing the same when i was taking the flywheel of my yamaha zuma scooter....i was ready to give up and accidently somehow turned it the opposite way and it hooked and from then on it was all heaven lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.