PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
josh lahaye is offering a killer deal on lightening your stock flywheels.....he can do all the shaving you can do to that sucker to make your engine really rip. at a great cost for the guys on a budget.

complete flywheel lightening will run $60.00

give him a call at (619) 303-6532. tell him that Matt Gilbert/PimpindaHoes told you about this offer and hell be glad to work with you. even if your not to sure what you want to do...call him up...he has alot to say about motors. everytime i talk to him on the phone its for a good 15-30 minutes. ive learned soo much from him its great! he really knows his fiddies(and all 2 & 4 stroke motors).

dont wanna spend an arm and a leg for the 300 dollar inner rotor kit....here is the alternative that will save you 200+ bucks.

8)

· Registered
2,556 Posts
wtf i posted this stuff about lahaye and more stuff a long time ago, but it got removed, wtf lol, maybe cuz i used to race for em and work for em could have something to do with it lol

· Registered
464 Posts
lol lahaye will take off close to 2 pounds if ya want. and its doable to.

· Registered
134 Posts
If he is taking off 2lbs that means he is getting a flyweel close to the weight as a Kitaco inner rotor. Now I would like to see that. Because a stock flywheel weighs 2.35lbs. and a inner rotor weighs around .85lbs you do the math

· Registered
4,606 Posts
Lightening a flywheel really make a difference? If someone can shave close to 2 lbs off a stocker flywheel they can have my 60 bucks in a flash. But like Scott said doin the math out that doesnt make much sence. But back to my question doing this really make much of a difference would i get alot more snap out of my motor or not really?

· Registered
134 Posts
Yes lightening a flywheel does make a differance. I was just making a point. I know for a fact you can take off more than a half pound. Show me a picture of a stock fifty flywheel that has the magnets still in it and 2 lbs taken off of it and i will gladly stand corrected.

· Registered
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ill take a pic of mine when its done. ill then weigh it too. i dont know about this 2lb claim..but i know its around 1-1.5lbs lighter, maybe a lil more.

and YES it helps out tremendously throughout the power range. think of rotating mass and the more mass there is the more power it takes to drive it.....soooo taking 1.5lbs off the entire weigh of the rotating mass is alot. then do the primary gear and the crank and just about anything else you can think of.....it will all add up to more power. :D

· Registered
11 Posts
Removing weight from a flywheel makes a huge difference. Especially when coupled with other simple (and not so simple) mods. Removing two pounds from a 50 flywheel is difficult to fathom. The wall thickness on the face would be entirely too thin and would distort easily. I've seen it happen on XR70 & 100 flywheels that we've maxed out. We max out 50 flywheels as well, with no distortion. Two pounds? Really?

Precision Racing

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.