PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 94 (I think) Honda Z50. I have beat the crap out of it every night I have gone to the dezert for the last 2-3 years, it hard a hard life before I got it as well. It has been so loyal to me, so I feel I should be loyal to it. I change the oil every once in a while, but now when I get down in a sandy wash it is starting to pop out of gear on occasion.

I think it's time to possible build the top end (getting lower on compression) and possible go through the bottom end. I have no idea what to go through on the bottom end. I'm looking to spend as little time and money as possible and possible freshen up the bottom end, maybe throw an 88 top end on it at the same time. What can you do to freshen up the bottom ends on these bad boys?

Thanks guys.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Slipping in an AHP 4-speed is the best all-around option, if keeping it the Honda motor. Or, you can swap in a good take-out trans, complete, for $40 or so.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't even know what the cost would be, but I'm going to say too much money! It's not too bad, it just pops out of gear occasionally like when I'm down in the sand and at like 10K rpm haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts