PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a way to fix broke plastic when glue is not strong enough. You drill holes in each side of the plastic and stitch it up with wire. You can add glue if you need to make it stronger. It worked on my fender and my visor.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
miller-55 said:
wow you guys need a life they are plastics when they break you throw it in the woods and buy new ones
HAHA n00b :newbie:

go ahead and spend money on plastics while I buy a big bore kit for the same price lol we'll have a race after and see how good those new plastics really are against my sewn up ones and BBK haha

Like he said this is a helpful thread, it comes up 4th on Google under "fixing broken plastic" (with quotes, 8th with out, at the time of me writing this) so anyone can use it, even you;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Too many haters on here!!!!.....A man does something clever (wire and drilling holes,stitching) i.e. something harmless too others and highly productive.... And he gets no credit...he just gets bashed....The haters are really insecure people....Bashing someone elses wise ideas just makes them feel like a more secure person.....The wiseman will have a long happy life....The hater will never be happy with themself and/or other people, Therefore they will have a sh*tty life with a great deal of bad karma, At the same time he/she wonders why all the bad happens to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a really expensive plastic welder that I use then usually do a couple zip tie stitches for extra strength but I like the metal look too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's a bad ass stitching job! If i could only get the docs to do that to my injuries when i get them that would look awesome.

I also use a plastic welder but its just not as strong, you have to get it just right.

My thoughts;

Plastic welder for looks

Stitching for strength

·
Registered
11 Posts
If u wanna tack ur plastics together easy and fast just take a soldering iron and kinda make the crack in plastic bond by heating it up and it'll fuse itself together, dont cost any money and it holds good. I just did it on my trx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts