PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If your going big, get it. If you are just messing around on little stuff. All of it really depends on your riding, your weight/height, things like that. All in all, any "chromo" frame you buy from the big companies (I.E. Sik50s, Sano, Five-O, Red Barron) it'll be worth the money and it comes down to personal prefrence.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
it all depends if u are smooth or not, if u go big and dont overclear and downside u dont need it, most of the frames are made by billetware, but five came out with a new one with a removeable subframe, same with rebaron, basically dont buy one untill u rake(bend) your stock frame, its easy to check to see if u bent it, take off the gas tank, and right before the shock mount and where the gas tank bolts in on the back, right b4 the gusset see if the paint turned white because of stretching or it looks like it has a hump in it, then its bent

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
But if you bent your subframe, your probally not going to want to look at it there. and about being smooth or not that isn't so true. I hit a 55 ft table landed perfect and it snapped my frame about 6 inches from the head tube.

If your planning on putting some suspension on it, I say just do it all at the same time, That way you don't have to take it all back apart and put all your stuff on the new frame. Thats just the way I look at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.