PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 04 50 a couple months ago. So far i just have a Fast 50's bar kit and stiff springs in front and back. What should be my first perf. upgrade? A lot of guys I ride with have 88cc big bores and they seem to rip. Can i get my bike to come anywhere close to them without droppin 500 bucks on a bore kit? Any help or suggestions are apprieciated. Thanx!

-Sean

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
look into a light bore kit and put the rest into suspension, remember if you can only go so fast comfortably on stock suspension. i made the mistake of throwing every 50 i got right into my bike when i could have saved up and been built from the begining. dont listen to us though, its your bike :wink:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
LISTEN TO FIVE0

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
WORD...haha i need to quit agreeing with everyone...lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx for the suggestions guys. I am sick of gettin my ass kicked so I think I'm gonna get a bore first then worry bout swing arm and forks. How much power would a pipe get me? Is it noticeable?

Thanx again guys

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Get suspension BEFORE motor.

I will be faster on a track with a stock suspension, 49cc, then I will be on a bike with 88cc, stock suspension. Get suspension FIRST if you want to ride better.

Practice a lot too. With suspension you can be so much more agressive, I highly advise you to get the suspension first. You'll be much more pleased..

Makes your bike look cooler too 8)

·
Registered
187 Posts
LogiKal said:
Get suspension BEFORE motor.

I will be faster on a track with a stock suspension, 49cc, then I will be on a bike with 88cc, stock suspension. Get suspension FIRST if you want to ride better.

Practice a lot too. With suspension you can be so much more agressive, I highly advise you to get the suspension first. You'll be much more pleased..

Makes your bike look cooler too 8)

Yes Yes yes suspension first just like on a big bike.You can build a 117 se but with a stock frame,swingarm and suspension it will be very hard to ride.So get the handling part done first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.