PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own three Honda’s and a Yamaha currently from a 50 to a 150. Always been happy no surprises. Someone gave me a 110cc coolster. I don’t expect any grand revelations. But after cleaning the carb and giving it a once over because it’s a Honda clone and I’m familiar with it, my question is?- what will break when I let my 12 year old loose in it? I don’t care if he breaks it but is it gonna implode when he’s ripping around and hurt him? He won’t be doing triples or even doubles for that fact( he’s just not that kind of rider). I know to check every bolt and I’ve cleaned and serviced the bike as it sat for several years neglected in a garage. I’m not unimpressed by how it runs I’m just looking for personal experience good and bad with this bike. Only reviews I could really find were all positive but of course all related to a coolster related site. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
if you do regular oil and maintained these engines are unbreakable but it's not a good idea to track these bikes they are clone CRF 50s and crf70s so anything other than trail I wouldn't use these bikes

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jack. That’s kind of what I figured. Didn’t kim if there was anything particular that was a weak point. My sons doesn’t do track but he does like to find jumps but I’ll tell him to use one of his other bikes that made for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks jack. That’s kind of what I figured. Didn’t kim if there was anything particular that was a weak point. My sons doesn’t do track but he does like to find jumps but I’ll tell him to use one of his other bikes that made for it.
small jumps is fine as long you tune the suspension to some what soft for him also I wouldn't jump anything the would allow the bike air 12 inches above the ground

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you rev the bike up and keep it up in the rpms the oil can overheat and can lead to clutch slippage. An oil cooler can help keep this in stabler. If you kid is going to be revving it up then that cooler would help keep things in check and there relatively cheap. My manual for my ssr recommend 20w-50 if you ride at temps over 90f.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well then, that’s something to consider. Because when I say he won’t be doing triple I mean he’s never been on a real track with real jumps. But he does jump bigger than what you described. Maybe this will just be a flat track bike or for me to follow him. Really don’t look forward to having my knees in my chin though.I’ll consider an oil cooler too thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts