PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The two bikes that I’m trying to decide between are the SSR SR70C and the Apollo DB25. Hopefully I can get some feedback.

My 8 year old son has an inseam of 21”. I’m getting conflicting information on the seat height for the DB25. Most say around 21” but some sites say 25” and 25 would be just a tad too much I think. Looked at a couple videos and it doesn’t look like it would be too high though but I don’t know.

From all the research I’ve done over the past couple of days it does seem that both bikes will be easy to find parts for, but is there anything else? Any advice? Would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1970 CT70
46 Posts
Either one of those are good choices, like the GY6, these Honda horizontals and their clones are dead nuts reliable. The SSR probably has the best fit and finish overall, but most of the bikes are gonna end up being the same factory regardless of what “brand” you go with. Couple things to recommend, get a good spark plug for the bike, run good oil, change the oil when you get it, get one of those magnetic drain plugs, and maybe consider replacing the fuel line with quality stuff. If the Chinese scooters I’ve worked on and seen are any indication, if you do those the bike will last just as long as any Honda or Yamaha.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Either one of those are good choices, like the GY6, these Honda horizontals and their clones are dead nuts reliable. The SSR probably has the best fit and finish overall, but most of the bikes are gonna end up being the same factory regardless of what “brand” you go with. Couple things to recommend, get a good spark plug for the bike, run good oil, change the oil when you get it, get one of those magnetic drain plugs, and maybe consider replacing the fuel line with quality stuff. If the Chinese scooters I’ve worked on and seen are any indication, if you do those the bike will last just as long as any Honda or Yamaha.
I would go with a crf110 klx110 kx65 yz65 or for a pitbike I like the pitster pros. Fse110 would be good.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Apollo isnt the most well liked company. I personally like ssr more and they have a well liked following and good quality control. If it is the very first bike then a semi auto tranny would help to get the youngster going without overwhelming him with a clutch. Food for thought

1 - 4 of 4 Posts