PlanetMinis Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I almost feel like asking you WTF are you doing on Planet Minis then? Its a street legal Honda with a horizontal engine. It is an evolution of the Honda Monkey which is the foundation of the whole mini-bike world. I don't understand your question any more than you understand the Grom. I'm not trying to sound like a dick either but posting a question like that as a PM just seems kinda odd. If this were a Hyabusa forum, I could understand your question, but....
+10

Are you trolling, bro?

-HFM

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sat on this one at laguna and was super pumped about buying one. After riding one it's pretty "meh". The thing is a turd and the tires are greaseballs. I still will probly end up buying one, But I'm going to need tires and power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A stock klx110 seems faster and wheel base is shorter = more fun. The grom is a good base to start with but I think it should have at least been a 150. Fuel injection seems cool but more money to squeeze a little more power out of it. I'd rather just re-jet. This is going to replace my ruckus though.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Street legal... and plenty of fun on the cheap.

You can use the money you save on NOT getting a Grom on a spelling tutor. :big smile:

·
Registered
16 Posts
OR...... I could spend the money on a cool bike. Now I have no idea what to get next though. Only style of bike I haven't owned is a supermoto. The Grom was a great idea and I was super pumped to get one. I'm lucky I didn't put money down on one I guess.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
If the GROM is not for you and the supermoto look is what you prefer, I believe some of the PM vendors (any that sell complete bikes) offer street legal versions like this for you to consider. Different strokes for different folks...

-HFM

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
If the GROM is not for you and the supermoto look is what you prefer, I believe some of the PM vendors (any that sell complete bikes) offer street legal versions like this for you to consider. Different strokes for different folks...

-HFM
Way to be diplomatic, Kissinger.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Buy a ktm duke 690 and be done with it.

The msx/grom is build as a 125cc due to comply to driver license regulations, thats all.
(In al lot of countries you can drive a 125 with limited power on a car or a light motorcycle license, in other countries younger persons can ride restricted 125s as a faster moped. etc...)

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Even though I am not getting ready to get one yet, the appeal of this bike was instantaneous for me. If I couldn't mod
a Z50, I would be done with them by now. The Grom is a platform. Those of you putting 190cc's in a 50 know what I am getting at. Wait a little, and you will see some amazing mods on this bike. Inexpensive enough and way cooler than a step-through scooter, they are entry-level motorcycles that have the friendliness Honda always seduces the meek with. Bad-boys look at any bike they are going to ride and think of how they can hot-rod it. I am waiting for the first wave to pass on these bikes. Maybe pick one up in the aftermarket. Or just wait till they come out with a larger displacement model. However it happens, I can definitely see a Grom in my future.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts