PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im finally starting my build thread just got the first parts today My plan is to build a tricked out honda 50 style pit bike im starting from the ground up so I need to buy every part but thats fine I guess right? well heres how she sits all I got is the front end right now i bought it off ebay from PCC motors fors $230 next is the frame I want to start by getting the chassis all together then the last thing will be the engine so heres some pics of the front end I just assembled tell me what ya think and advice would be appreciated! oh and I'll post more pics of it as i get more parts and stuff thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just make sure you have some things figured out before you go ordering too many parts. The front end you have is pretty tall so make sure you get a good swinger and shock to compensate the height. Other than the forks not being overly stiff its a good front end. I had a complete pcc bike that never left me stranded. Just make sure you go through and lock tit bolts before you go ripping around. Now im happy as could be with my modded klx 110

good luck with your build though! keep us updated

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mxfreak_24 said:
What motor and rear end are you going with?

I am going with the Pirahna/YX 140 from tbolt and for the rear end I'm going to get the rear end from PCC motors becuase the front end i have is a pair to the rear end they have so it'll keep the bike equal in height and i would rlly be kicking this thing into gear but I also have a loan out for my yz125 the I gotta get paid off to

·
Vendor
10,562 Posts
motokid930 said:
I am going with the Pirahna/YX 140 from tbolt and for the rear end I'm going to get the rear end from PCC motors becuase the front end i have is a pair to the rear end they have so it'll keep the bike equal in height and i would rlly be kicking this thing into gear but I also have a loan out for my yz125 the I gotta get paid off to

Cool build

keep us posted

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
i like your left side exhaust mount!

The front brake cable should be routed to the inside of the leg, between the fork and the tire, that way it doesn't get snagged on stuff riding past it

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zwieblekopf said:
i like your left side exhaust mount!

The front brake cable should be routed to the inside of the leg, between the fork and the tire, that way it doesn't get snagged on stuff riding past it

Haha thanks i have the exhuast mount like that cuase i dont have a mount welded on the frame lol , and I'll change thank break line up and also i got the exhuast for a steal from wholesale-cycle for $75 from the sratch and dent room haha it only has a few scratches on it too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts